Want to look further ahead? Download our Financial Content Planning Calendar to stay up-to-date all year long.
Topic #1: Financial Planning Month
- October is Financial Planning Month – a great opportunity for financial marketers and advisors to engage with customers and prospects.
- Nearly half of U.S. families have less than $10,000 socked away for retirement, while 55 million Americans have no emergency fund – and 51% have no long-term financial plan.
- Financial planning topics run the gamut from saving, budgeting, debt elimination and investing to specific goals like retirement planning and saving for a home.
- Current economic woes – like unprecedented student loan debt and underemployment among millennials – make financial planning more crucial than ever.
5 Ways to Prepare for a Financial Emergency (Charles Schwab)
Topic #2: World Bank/IMF
#WorldBank #IMF #Bali
- The 2018 World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings are happening October 12-14 in Bali, Indonesia.
- The event brings together central bankers, ministers of finance and development, and other relevant players to discuss key global topics like economic development, world economic outlook and poverty eradication.
- Whether you’re attending the seminars and other events or just reading about it from afar, there will be plenty of insights to recap for investors and consumers alike. Follow along with the big stories from the meetings here.
IMF and World Bank members must stop rise of economic non-order (Mohamed El-Erian in The Guardian)
Topic #3: Holiday Savings
#BlackFriday #CyberMonday #DIY
- Savvy consumers will begin holiday shopping as early as October in order to take advantage of seasonal deals.
- According to Consumer Reports, October is the best month to buy mattresses, interior paint, and carbon monoxide detectors – hello, home renovation projects!
- It’s also a great time to start budget-friendly DIY present projects and/or establish a holiday savings account, to avoid using credit cards and other debt to fund holiday cheer.
Topic #4: Schwab IMPACT Conference
- Schwab’s annual gathering of RIAs will be happening October 28-31st in Washington D.C.
- As with many financial services conferences, IMPACT is often a goldmine of potential content opportunities for both attendees and outsiders following along.
- Watch for insights from keynote speaker Janet Yellen and education sessions that cover everything from practice management to the latest investment trends.
My Top Takeaways From Schwab IMPACT (Morningstar Blog)
Topic #5: Brazilian elections
- Brazil’s general election, which will determine the country’s next President, Vice President and National Congress, among others, is scheduled for October 7th.
- While the frontrunner, far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro’s policies are seen as market-friendly, he’s expected to lose in a likely runoff with Workers Party candidate Fernando Haddad.
- The election’s uncertainty and divisive nature has caused heightened volatility and dragged Brazilian stocks lower this year – leaving emerging markets investors hungry for insights as the election reaches its dramatic conclusion.
Look Ahead: November Topics
- #BlackFriday, #SmallBusinessSaturday and #CyberMonday
- Thanksgiving and #GivingTuesday
- SRI Conference
Plan your content marketing pipeline for the rest of 2018 and beyond! Download our Financial Marketing Calendar to stay on top of all the events that shape your customers’ financial lives.